snow

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Today's News

Classes are going very well at Yarn Explosion and I will be working there on a semi permanent basis now for a while. I am excited about it and hope to keep the designing and classes going.

This is my Pendragon Banners Socks, (click on any photo to see larger image)





knit in the Arthur colorway dyed for me by Unplanned Peacock Studios.

After reading The Mists of Avalon, I just had to knit from it, so my Camelot series was born. Natasha is dying my ideas of colors for each character and I am designing a knit for each of the main people in the book. Since the bloodlines were such an important part of the story, the red will be in all of them. This is just the beginning of the quest and I am very excited to be collaborating with Natasha on this project. These socks were knit from the toe up on size 1 needles in the Superwash Merino Fingering.

Also from Unplanned Peacock in the Forest colorway is an idea that came from The Hobbit. "In Mirkwood lives the big spiders."





I am terrified of real spiders but this one is very cute sitting on its web. Knit on size 5 needles with Superwash Merino DK.

There's been a lot of reading going on here as well. I got on the band wagon finally and read The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. I really did enjoy it and look forward to the next two soon. The best thing that I have read recently, though, is Handling Sin. This was a book with a Southern theme, but anyone that grew up in a large family of fun, goofy aunts and uncles will certainly appreciate its humor. I remember my dads large family getting together every year at least twice and all the food, music, and celebrating! Honestly, it was one of the best books I think I have ever read and I have some more of his books in the que.

Now, for some more very exciting news!!

Guess who I will be going to see in October?

Need a hint?




And one more just for the hell of it!



I can hardly wait!! Love me some Alice!!

2 comments:

Nana Sadie said...

I love the idea of the Mists of Avalon series!!! See you at NoSoKnit?
(((Hugs)))

Nikki said...

LOVE the knits and woo hoo!! I'm still jumping up and down excited!!